The Board of Zoning Appeals takes care of the; permitting, planning, and zoning needs of the Lebanon community.
The Board of Zoning Appeals meeting first Monday of every month, unless that day falls on a holiday; if that is the case, meetings are held the following Tuesday. Any correspondence to the Board should be directed through the Planning Department.
City of Lebanon Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting
Monday, February 7, 20227:00 p.m.
John W. Lasley Memorial Council Chambers
401 S. Meridian Street
Lebanon, IN 46052
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Minutes
2. OLD BUSINESS (* Indicates Public Hearing)
- a. THIS ITEM WAS CONTINUED FROM THE JANUARY MEETING. Docket# 22-1*; Richard Penola requesting a Development Standards Variance from the minimum lot size requirement to subdivide the parcel located at 1024 N. Lebanon Street and 201 W. Essex Street. The property is Zoned “MF” Multi Family.
3. NEW BUSINESS (* Indicates Public Hearing)
- a. Docket #22-4*; Shambaugh & Son, LP representing White Castle Systems requesting a Development Standards Variance to construct a structure for refrigeration equipment. The property is located at 1506 W. Main Street. The property is Zoned “ID” Industrial District and in the Thoroughfare Overlay District.
- i. UDO Standards- Section 7.10.A.4.c- Accessory Structure
- b. Docket $22-5*; Patterson Street Partners LLC requesting 3 Development Standards Variances to construct a new building located at 320 N. Patterson Street. The property is Zoned “ID” Industrial District.
- i. UDO Standards- Section 4.16.D Lot & Yard Standards
- ii. UDO Standards- Section 7.8 Landscaping
- c. Docket #22-6*; Danielle Hoffman requesting Development Standards Variance to construct a decorative wall in the front yard. The property is located at 100 Smith Street. The property is Zoned “PBC” Planned Business Commercial and in the Thoroughfare overlay District.
- i. UDO Standard- Section 7.14.C.2- Fence Standards
- d. Docket #22-7*; John Lasley requesting 5 Development Standards Variances to operate a retail nursey located at 911 Indianapolis Avenue. This property is Zoned “ID” Industrial District and in the Thoroughfare Overlay District.
- i. UDO Standards- Section 6.1.H.16- Thoroughfare Overlay District
- ii. UDO Standards- Section 7.13.A.4- Outdoor Sales, Display, Storage
- iii. UDO Standards- Section 7.13.A.6- Outdoor Sales, Display, Storage
- iv. UDO Standards- Section 7.13.B.6.a- Outdoor Sales, Display, Storage
- v. UDO Standards- Section 6.1.L.3.c- Thoroughfare Overlay District
- e. Docket #22-8*; Little Angels Daycare requesting a Development Standards Variance to construct an addition at their property located at 925 Hendricks Drive. The property is Zoned “PBC” Planned Business Commercial. i. UDO Standards- Section 7.8- Landscaping
The next regular Board of Zoning Appeals meeting is scheduled for:
Monday, March 7, 2022 at 7:00pm