Welcome to the City of Lebanon!
My name is Tonya Thayer, as Clerk-Treasurer for the City of Lebanon I have had the honor and privilege to serve the citizens of Lebanon since 2012. I am proud to say I am a life-long resident of Lebanon.
The primary function of the Clerk-Treasurer is to serve as the fiscal officer of the City and is subject to the authority of the Indiana State Board of Accounts.
If you ever have any questions or concerns please call the office at 765-482-1218 and we will be more than happy to help you.
- The responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer are:
- Process and maintain all expenditures and receipts
- Administer payroll, benefits and pension
- Serve as Clerk to the City Council, Board of Works and Redevelopment Commission by compiling Ordinances and Resolutions and recording the minutes of the meetings
- Preparing the annual budget and financial reports
- Prescribe the manner in which the vendors and employees are paid
- Collect all fees due to the city, fixed by Ordinance
- Issue golf cart permits
- Keeps and tracks contracts and agreements between the City and other public agencies
- Maintain grant records
The Accounts Payable function of the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is responsible for paying the City of Lebanon’s bills. With this responsibility, it is important to work with each department and the State Board of Accounts to ensure the money is being spent appropriately and within their budget.
We also work closely with Vendors regarding the City’s accounts. If you are a vendor and have questions regarding an invoice, W-9 request, 1099’s or a check, you will want to contact Accounts Payable within the Clerk-Treasurer’s office.
When money comes to the City, whether from the state, county, a grant or an individual, it is run through Accounts Receivable.
For more information, please contact the Clerk-Treasurer’s office.
Our office works with each department within the city, the City Council, the Mayor and Indiana’s Department of Local Government Finance to set a fiscally responsible budget each year. The Clerk-Treasurer submits the budget to the state for final approval.
Payroll and Human Resource
The Payroll and Human Resource functions for the City of Lebanon are handled through the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office. This includes, but is not limited to, processing of payroll, benefits administrator, new hire paperwork, W-2’s. Although each individual department within the City is responsible for the hiring process within their department, all paperwork, etc. is completed through our office.
The Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is the official keeper of policies and records. This could be Ordinances, Resolutions, Personal Records, Contracts, etc.
The Clerk-Treasurer is the secretary to the Board of Works, City Council, and Redevelopment Corp.
In this position the Clerk-Treasurer is responsible for taking the official minutes for each of these bodies, in addition to working with them regarding annual budgets & policies.
Services and Fees
Payment of Parking Tickets
Parking tickets received for violating the local downtown traffic parking Ordinance 06-07.
For each violation:
- Paid within ten (10) calendar days of the date of violation $15.00
- If not paid within 5 days, the fine increases to $25.00 and the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office will forward a letter to the violator, giving them 10 days from the date of the letter to pay the $25.00.
- 3. If the payment is not made, the violator shall pay the sum of $50.00 within thirty (30) days of the violation or be subject to collections, with possible additional fees.
Golf Cart Permits $30.00
Golf Cart Permits are good for one (1) calendar year. In order to operate a golf cart on the City of Lebanon streets, a golf cart permit must be purchased each year.
Documentation required for obtaining a Golf Cart Permit:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Insurance on the golf cart. The policy must specifically state that the golf cart is covered and include: effective and expiration date, policy number, and description of golf cart.
For more golf cart requirements, a copy of the Golf Cart Ordinance 2010-05 may be obtained in the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office.
Licenses will be issued for 1 year at a time, beginning on January 1 of each year.
- For the first taxicab or automobile for hire $50.00
- Each additional taxicab or automobile for hire $25.00
Proof of insurance must be provided at the time of application.
Taxi Drivers License
- Each driver must obtain a certificate authorizing them to drive the taxicab. $10.00/ea
The driver’s certificate is also issued 1 year at a time, beginning on January 1 of each year. The driver must have a valid, state issued Public Passenger Chauffeurs License.
**To request copies of or view any of this information, please submit a Public Records Request Form to the Clerk Treasurer’s office.
401 S Meridian St
Lebanon, IN 46052
Phone: (765) 482-1218
Fax: (765) 482-8883
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
©2020 City of Lebanon
website design DevLab Creative
copyright 2020 City of Lebanon
website design DevLab Creative