The City of Lebanon
Request for Statement of Qualifications
Environmental Consultant Services for the Activities Funded by the United States Environmental Protection Agency Community-Wide Brownfield Assessment Grant FY22
City of Lebanon
401 S. Meridian Street, Second Floor
Lebanon, Indiana 46052
The City of Lebanon (the “City”) has been awarded a FY22 US EPA Brownfields Community-Wide Assessment Grant in the sum of $150,000 to support the assessment and redevelopment of brownfields impacted by hazardous substances and petroleum. The city is requesting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified engineering/environmental firms to conduct select Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Remedial Action Plans, and various reuse planning reports. The anticipated evaluation timeline seeks to evaluate respondents in January 2023 and award a respondent so as to enter contract negotiations by February 13, 2023 and begin the project timeline between March 1, 2023 through September 30, 2025.
Scope of Work
The project includes the following activities:
• Assist the City with an area-wide evaluation to identify potential Brownfield sites within designated areas within the City;
• Coordinate with the public, county and municipal officials to identify specific sites to conduct approximately 10 Phase I ESAs;
• Prepare one Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP), and several site-specific Health and Safety Plans (HASPs), and Sampling and Analysis Plans (SAPs) for EPA submittal, including support to obtain EPA approval on all such plans;
• Conduct approximately 3 Phase II ESAs, including building materials surveys, where Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) were identified in the Phase I ESA reports;
• Complete approximately 5 Remedial Action Plans (RAPs) or Analyses of Brownfield Clean-up Alternatives (ABCAs);
• Conduct project management and coordination efforts as needed for efficient project progress, administration and completion, including ACRES reporting; and
• Conduct public and stakeholder meetings to discuss progress and/or outcomes of the program activities.
Firms interested in responding should provide email of interest, and questions regarding this Request for Qualifications can be directed via email to Derek Warren at [email protected] Confirmation of interest should be emailed with firm name and contact information by December 19, 2022 to confirm intention of presenting qualifications and any questions should be submitted before January 6, 2023 to receive an answer in time to circulate all questions/answers to registered respondents by January 11, 2023.
The SOQ must include sufficient information regarding qualifications so as to determine that the environmental consultant is qualified and well versed with EPA funded grants and brownfields site assessments. Do not include a proposed fee schedule with the SOQ as this is a qualifications based selection.
Qualified firms should submit two (2) hard copies of their Statement of Qualifications and one electronic copy (on thumb drive or email attachment) containing the information under the “Submission of Qualifications” header below.
Please submit SOQ Package no later than 12:00 PM EST on January 20, 2023 to:
The City of Lebanon
Attn: Mr. Derrek Warren
401 S. Meridian Street, Second Floor
Lebanon, Indiana 46052
Submission of Qualifications
Please submit the following information with your proposal package:
1. Contact Information: Name, job title, email, and phone number of primary contact person with the authority to negotiate and bind the proposal contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
2. Lebanon Experience: Experience related to working on projects within the City of Lebanon. Please provide specific examples, project descriptions, and references.
3. Firm Capacity: Firm name, address and phone number, and a brief description of the firm in terms of: location of offices and sub-offices that may be engaged in the project; number of professionals in the firm and number to be made available for this project at each location; general statement about the principal types of work done by the firm and the relative amount of property assessment work performed.
4. Project Experience: Experience and demonstrated success working with at least three Indiana local governments to manage external funding sources for brownfield investigation / remediation such as EPA grants or other applicable long term brownfield redevelopment. Experience should include all phases of planning, investigations, and remediation. Include one (or no more than two) page summaries of at least three and no more than six project examples with client contact information, project manager and team member names, dates of start and completion of project along with project specific descriptions and outcomes.
5. Identification of Key Staff Members: Proposed staff for the work, including designation of Project Manager, relevant experience, number of Environmental Professionals who satisfy the All Appropriate Inquiry Rule designation, and availability of the key professionals who will be dedicated to complete the project. Attach resumes of all anticipated technical project staff.
6. Project Timeline: Statement about the ability of the firm to complete the work within the timeframe identified in the project schedule of three years.
7. Capacity: Capability of the firm to complete the project (i.e. availability of sampling/monitoring equipment, field personnel, analytical resources, etc.), and whether these resources are in-house or must be obtained through contract services or partner companies. Please list anticipate contracted service providers/companies (data resources, labs, drillers if not in-house, etc.).
8. Insurance Requirements: Proof of current insurance meeting insurance requirements outlined below.
Contractor shall maintain and provide current proof of the following insurance:
A. Worker’s compensation and Disability: Statutory requirements;
B. Employer’s Liability – $500,000 each accident
C. Commercial General Liability – General Aggregate – $1,000,000
D. Comprehensive Automobile – $1,000,000
E. Excess/Umbrella Liability – $1,000,000
F. Errors and Omissions Professional Liability – $1,000,000
G. Contractor’s Pollution Liability insurance – $2,000,000
Terms and Conditions
1. The City shall not discriminate with respect to the hire, tenure, terms, conditions or privileges of employment or any other matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin or ancestry.
2. Interviews with some consultants may be scheduled at the sole discretion of the City of Lebanon. The City reserves the right to select or not select, in its sole discretion, based on its assessment of each firm’s strengths and qualifications and the objective of best meeting the needs of the EPA Grant project and the City’s redevelopment goals.
3. By submitting a response to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ), each Respondent waives all rights to protest, or seek remedies whatsoever regarding any aspect of this RFQ, the selection of a Respondent or Respondents with whom to negotiate, the rejection of any or all offers to negotiate, or a decision to terminate negotiations.
4. The Respondent shall keep the City free and harmless from the payment of any and all damages, costs, expenses, royalties, patent fees, attorney’s fees, or any sum of money whatsoever, by reason of any actions, claims, demands or proceedings, arising out of any infringement or alleged infringement, or use of any patented device, article, system or arrangement that may be used by the Contractor in the execution of the work. The Respondent will be required to indemnity and save harmless the City from all claims or actions of any kind or description brought against the City for or on account of any injuries or damages received or sustained by any persons or any neglect in guarding the same or in any improper materials used, or by or on account of any act of commission or omission of the Contractor or their agents or employees.
5. The City will not assume any responsibility or liability for any expenses incurred by a Respondent, or prospective Respondent, in connection with the preparation or delivery of a response, requested interview, or any action related to the process of completing and submitting a response to this RFQ.