The City of Lebanon is a participating community in the National Flood Insurance Program. As a member community, we have information available concerning special flood hazard areas.
On file in the City of Lebanon Planning Department are the current Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) and the related Flood Insurance Study (FIS) developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as well as all Letters of Map Revision (LOMR) and Letters of Map Amendment (LOMA). This information allows us to provide you with the following information about a specific property:
- If it is within a special flood hazard area.
- What Flood Hazard Zone it is within and if it is in a designated floodway.
- The base flood elevation, where determined in the study.
- Estimated inundation data based on the ground contour and base flood elevation (where available).
- If the property (or a portion thereof) is located in a designated wetlands area.
In addition, for insurance purposes, we can also provide:
- The FIRM community number;
- The FIRM panel number;
- The FIRM suffix;
- The FIRM index date; and
- The elevation datum (NAVD).
We also have elevation certificate records for some of the more recent permitted construction of new buildings, and substantial improvements to existing buildings, within the special flood hazard areas.
This information is available by telephone or in person if you would prefer to view the maps.
Should you have questions or need information, please contact the Planning & Zoning Administration at (765) 482-8845. We are located on the second floor at 401 South Meridian Street, Lebanon, In. 46052